Synology DiskStation DS2419+ is a 12-bay desktop NAS designed for small and medium-sized businesses.
This high-capacity and scalable NAS comes with expandable storage capability, upgradable memory
configuration, and diversified add-on card options, meeting the modern corporate needs for a flexible,
reliable and efficient storage solution. Synology DS2419+ is backed by Synology’s 3-year limited warranty.
High Capacity & Scalable NAS Catering to Business Needs
Designed in desktop form factor, Synology DS2419+ is a 12-bay network-attached
storage solution right-sized for small and medium-sized businesses that require massive
and flexible storage capacity, but do not need to store the NAS in a standard rack frame.
It can ideally serve as a file server, a centralized backup target, or a hub-and-spoke
backup target for your business, providing uncompromised performance and quality.
DS2419+ is equipped with a quad-core processor and 4GB DDR4 memory (up to
. It supports up to 336TB storage space when connected to one Synology
expansion unit. Under a 10GbE network environment, DS2419+ delivers
sequential throughput performance at over 1,716 MB/s reading and 671 MB/s
. The PCIe 3.0 slot can be installed not only with an optional network interface
card but also with a M.2 adapter card4
using M.2 NVMe/SATA SSDs as cache, boosting
up random read/write IOPS.
Effortless Virtualization Environment
Synology iSCSI storage fully supports most virtualization solutions to enhance work
efficiency with a simple management interface. VMware vSphere™ 6.5 and VAAI
integration helps to offload storage operations and optimizes computation efficiency.
Windows Offloaded Data Transfer (ODX) speeds up data transfer and migration rates,
while OpenStack Cinder support transforms your Synology NAS into a block-based
Synology’s Virtual Machine Manager adds boundless capabilities to your NAS. Set up
and run various virtual machines including Windows, Linux, and Virtual DSM, so that
you can test new software versions in a sandbox environment, isolate your customers’
machines, and increase the flexibility of your DS2419+ with reduced hardware
deployment and maintenance costs.
• High capacity and scalable desktop
NAS readily adapts to demanding
• Quad-Core, 2.1 GHz CPU with AESNI support. 4GB DDR4 memory
expandable up to 32GB1
• Outstanding performance at over 1,716
MB/s reading and 671 MB/s writing3
• Scale up to 336TB with Synology
• Boost IOPS performance with M.2
NVMe/SATA SSD cache through
optional M2D18 adapter card4
• Four built-in 1GbE (RJ-45) ports with
failover and Link Aggregation support.
Optional 10GbE add-on card providing
high speed data rate
• Advanced Btrfs file system offering
65,000 system-wide snapshots and
1,024 snapshots per shared folder
• Synology High Availability (SHA)
allows for uninterrupted services
with seamless transitioning between
Ultimate Backup Solution
DS2419+ integrates various backup applications to safeguard your important data on
any device with an intuitive user interface and durable storage technologies.
• Desktop backup: Cloud Station Backup safeguards your PC, Mac, or other desktop
devices. DS2419+ is also compatible with Time Machine, allowing you to effortlessly
backup your Mac to Synology NAS.
• NAS backup: Hyper Backup comprehensively backs up your data to a local shared
folder, an external device, another Synology NAS, an rsync server, or a public cloud
service to ensure data safety.
• Server/VMware backup: Active Backup for Business centralizes backup tasks for
VMware virtual machines, Windows PC, servers, and rsync/SMB file servers. Fast and
reliable recovery options ensure running services, VMs and files instantly available when
• SaaS backup: Active Backup for Office 365/G Suite is an on-premise backup solution
for public clouds with a centralized dashboard, optimizing storage efficiency through
the single instancing and block-level deduplication technology.
Btrfs: Next Generation Storage Efficiency
DS2419+ introduces the Btrfs file system, bringing the most advanced storage
technologies to meet the management needs of modern businesses:
• Advanced snapshot technology with customizable backup schedule allows shared
folders to be backed up in a minimum 5-minute interval, without consuming heavy
• File and folder level data restoration brings huge conveniences and saves time for
users who wish to restore only a specific file or folder.
• Flexible Shared Folder and User Quota System provide comprehensive quota control
on all user accounts and shared folders.
• File self-healing: Btrfs file system is able to auto-detect corrupted files with mirrored
metadata, and recover broken data using the supported RAID volumes, which include
RAID1, 5, 6, and 10.
• A cutting-edge iSCSI service built for IT administrators that offers advanced LUN and
provides lightning-fast snapshot creation, recovery, and cloning.
Reliability, Availability & Disaster Recovery
System reliability is critical for businesses everywhere. DS2419+ responds to these
concerns with wide-ranging availability and redundancy features:
• Synology High Availability ensures seamless transitioning between clustered servers in
the event of unexpected disasters and ensures that your services remain online.
• Snapshot Replication provides schedulable, near-instantaneous data protection,
ensuring business documents in shared folders, virtual machines in iSCSI LUNs, or
dockerized application data remain safe and available in the event of a disaster.
• Redundant system fans and network ports with failover support ensure continual
• High reliability system design, including fan-less CPU heat-sink and passive cooling
technology, prevents single points of failure.
• Optional 5-year warranty5
is available in select regions.
Synology DS2419+ is an optimized and
certified storage solution for various
Next-Generation File System
A modern file system designed to address
obstacles often encountered in enterprise
storage systems. Safeguarding data
integrity through metadata mirroring, selfhealing and snapshot replication.
CPU Intel Atom C3538 quad-core 2.1GHz
Hardware encryption engine Yes (AES-NI)
Memory 4 GB DDR4 Non-ECC SO-DIMM1
(expandable up to 32 GB with 16 GB ECC SO-DIMM x 2)
Compatible drive type • 12 x 3.5″ or 2.5″ SATA SSD/HDD (drives not included)
• 2 x M.2 2280/2260/2242 NVMe/SATA SSD via M2D18 adapter card4
(drives not included)
Hot swappable drive Yes
External port • 2 x USB 3.0 port
• 1 x expansion port
Size (HxWxD) 270 x 300 x 340 mm
Weight 9.5 kg
LAN 4 x Gigabit (RJ-45)
Wake on LAN/WAN Yes
PCIe 3.0 slot
• 1 x 4-lane x8 slot
• 10GbE network interface cards support
• M.2 NVMe/SATA SSD adapter card support4
Scheduled power on/off Yes
System fan 2 (120 x 120 x 25 mm)
AC input power voltage 100V to 240V AC
Power frequency 50/60Hz, single phase
Operating temperature 0°C to 40°C (32°F to 104°F)
Storage temperature -20°C to 60°C (-5°F to 140°F)
Relative humidity 5% to 95% RH
Maximum operating altitude 2,000 m (6,500 ft)
1 Status indicator 2 Alert indicator 3 Power button 4 LAN indicator
5 Drive status indicator 6 Drive tray 7 Fan 8 PCIe expansion slot
9 USB 3.0 port 10 RESET button 11 Console Port 12 Expansion port
13 1GbE RJ-45 port 14 Power port
1 2 3 4
General DSM specification
Networking protocol SMB, AFP, NFS, FTP, WebDAV, CalDAV, iSCSI, Telnet, SSH, SNMP, VPN (PPTP, OpenVPN ™ , L2TP)
File system • Internal: Btrfs, ext4
• External: Btrfs, ext4, ext3, FAT, NTFS, HFS+, exFAT6
Supported RAID type Synology Hybrid RAID (SHR), Basic, JBOD, RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 6, RAID 10
• Maximum single volume size: 108TB
• Maximum system snapshots: 65,5367
• Maximum internal volume: 512
SSD cache • Read-write cache support
• M.2 SSD support (M.2 NVMe/SATA SSD)4
File sharing capability
• Maximum local user account: 2,048
• Maximum local group: 256
• Maximum shared folder: 512
• Maximum concurrent SMB/NFS/AFP/FTP connection: 1,000
Privilege Windows Access Control List (ACL), application privilege
Directory service Windows® AD integration: Domain users login via SMB/NFS/AFP/FTP/File Station, LDAP integration
Virtualization VMware vSphere® 6.5, Microsoft Hyper-V® , Citrix®, OpenStack®
Security Firewall, Encryption shared folder, SMB encryption, FTP over SSL/TLS, SFTP, rsync over SSH, Login auto block, Let’s Encrypt support, HTTPS
(Customizable cipher suite)
Supported client Windows 7 onwards, Mac OS X® 10.11 onwards
Supported browser Chrome®, Firefox®, Internet Explorer® 10 onwards, Safari® 10 onwards; Safari (iOS 10 onwards), Chrome (Android™ 6.0 onwards)
Packages and Applications
File Server & Synchronization
Provide universal portal to synchronize your files across various platforms, including Windows, macOS, Linux, Android and iOS. The built-in
universal portal allows you to access data anytime and anywhere.
• Maximum number of hosted files: 550
• Maximum number of concurrent connections for PC clients: 1,000,000
File Station Virtual drive, remote folder, Windows ACL editor, compressing/extracting archived files, bandwidth control for specific users/groups, creating
sharing links, transfer logs
FTP Server Bandwidth control for TCP connections, custom FTP passive port range, anonymous FTP, FTP SSL/TLS and SFTP protocol, boot over the
network with TFTP and PXE support, transfer logs
Presto File Server8 High-speed data transfer over WAN with exclusive SITA technology between Synology NAS and desktop
One or two-way synchronization with public cloud storage providers including Alibaba Cloud OSS, Amazon Drive, Amazon S3-compatible
storage, Backblaze B2, Baidu Cloud, Box, Dropbox, Google Cloud Storage, Google Drive, hubiC, MegaDisk, Microsoft OneDrive, OpenStack
Swift-compatible storage, Tencent COS, WebDAV servers, Yandex Disk
Universal Search Offer global search into applications and files
iSCSI Storage & Virtualization
• Maximum iSCSI target: 128
• Maximum iSCSI LUN: 256
• iSCSI LUN clone/snapshot support
Virtual Machine Manager Deploy and run various virtual machines on Synology NAS, including Windows, Linux, or Virtual DSM
Data Protection & Backup Solution
Hyper Backup Support local backup, network backup, and backup data to public clouds
Backup tools DSM configuration backup, macOS Time Machine support, Cloud Station Backup
Shared folder sync – maximum task number: 16
Snapshot Replication • Maximum of shared folder snapshots: 1,024
• Maximum of Replication: 32
High Availability Manager Reduce service downtime by setting up two identical NAS into one high-availability cluster
Active Backup for G Suite Support G Suite My Drive and Team Drive backup and restoration
Active Backup for Office 365 Support Office 365 OneDrive for Business, mail, contacts, and calendar backup and restoration
Active Backup for Business All-in-one backup solution designed for heterogeneous business IT environment, enabling IT admins to remotely manage and monitor
protection over PC, servers and VM on one centralized console
English, Deutsch, Français, Italiano, Español, Dansk, Norsk, Svensk, Nederlands, Русский, Polski, Magyar,
Português do Brasil, Português Europeu, Türkçe, Český,
Productivity & Collaboration
Collaborate with instant message service Chat, online editor Office, and scheduling assistant Calendar
• Chat maximum user: 1,500
• Office maximum user: 1,800
• Calendar: support CalDAV and access via mobile devices
Note Station Rich-text note organization and versioning, encryption, sharing, media embedding and attachments
MailPlus Server Secure, reliable, and private mail solution with high-availability, load balancing, security and filtering design (includes 5 free email account
licenses; additional accounts require the purchasing of additional licenses)
MailPlus Intuitive webmail interface for MailPlus Server, customizable mail labels, filters, and user interface
Support smart AI album with facial and subject recognition, photo editing and sharing features, similar photo detection, auto-editing
functions such as color correction and angle adjustments, and AI selection of the best photos. Mobile applications are available on iOS and
Other packages Video Station, Photo Station, Audio Station, iTunes® Server
Surveillance Station Maximum IP camera: 40 (total of 1,200 FPS at 720p, H.264) (including two free camera licenses; additional cameras require the purchasing of
Synology Directory Server Provide a flexible and cost-effective domain controller solution
CMS Provide a single interface to manage and monitor multiple Synology NAS
VPN Server Maximum connection: 30, supported VPN protocol: PPTP, OpenVPN™, L2TP/IPSec
Mail Server Supported Mail Server Protocols: POP3, SMTP, IMAP, Support LDAP/AD account
Mail Station Webmail interface for Mail Server to receive emails from multiple POP3 mailboxes, customizable SMTP server
Web Station Virtual host (up to 30 websites), PHP / MariaDB®, third-party applications support
Other packages DNS Server, RADIUS Server, Log Center
Storage Analyzer Volume and quota usage, total size of files, volume usage and trends based on past usage, size of shared folders, large files, most recently
modified files, least recently accessed files
Antivirus Essential Full system scan, scheduled scan, white list customization, virus definition auto update
iOS / Android™ applications Synology Drive, DS audio, DS photo, DS video, DS cam, DS cloud, DS file, DS finder, DS note, Moments, MailPlus
Other packages Additional 3rd-party packages available on Package Center
Environment and Packaging
Environment safety RoHS compliant
• DS2419+ main unit x 1
• Quick Installation Guide x 1
• Accessory pack x 1
• AC power cord x 1
• RJ-45 LAN cable x 2
• 4GB DDR4-2133 Non-ECC SO-DIMM (D4NS2133-4G)
• 16GB DDR4-2133 ECC SO-DIMM (RAMEC2133DDR4SO-16G)
• Synology E10G18-T2 / E10G18-T1 / E10G17-F2 10Gbps Ethernet adapters
• Synology Expansion Unit DX1215
• Synology M2D18 M.2 SSD adapter card
• VisualStation VS360HD, VS960HD
• Surveillance Device License Pack
• MailPlus License Pack
• Virtual DSM License Pack
Warranty 3 years⁵
*Model specifications are subject to change without notice. Please refer to www.synology.com for the latest information.
1. DS2419+ comes with 4GB DDR4 Non-ECC SO-DIMM and can support up to 32GB with optional ECC SO-DIMM.
2. DS2419+ supports up to one Synology DX1215, sold separately.
3. Performance figures may vary depending on environment, usage, and configuration.
4. DS2419+ supports dual M.2 SSDs through M2D18 adapter card, sold separately.
5. 5 year warranty is available as an optional bundle with EW202, 2-year Extended Warranty service add-on. Visit https://www.synology.com/en-global/products/Extended_Warranty
for more information on availability. The warranty period starts from the purchase date as stated on your purchase receipt. Visit https://www.synology.com/company/legal/
warranty for more information.
6. exFAT Access is purchased separately in Package Center.
7. System snapshot includes snapshots taken by iSCSI Manager, Snapshot Replication, and Virtual Machine Manager. Availability of these packages varies by model.
8. Presto File Server License is purchased separately in Package Center.